HOW TO JOIN
- Check the general information about our membership and fees shown on the main Membership Page.
- Go to the Membership Portal and create a User Account (this only takes a few seconds)
- Activate your account
- Add your Membership records* using the on-line form
- Submit your membership request and wait for notification (may be a few days)
- Pay fees.
* A parent/guardian of junior members under 13 years of age must register for the account and provide membership details for themselves in addition to those for their child. Unless the parent/guardian also wishes to be a full member of the club they should chose membership type ‘Associate’ for which there is no charge.
Any junior under 18 may be included in a family group account. Any number of juniors from the same household may be registered for a single junior membership fee provided there is also at least one full senior (‘Athlete’) member.
GUIDE TO USING THE MEMBERSHIP PORTAL
We hope it will be fairly intuitive but in case anything is unclear or goes wrong, please use this step by step user guide.
Setting up a User Account
- This is where you (the User) log in to administer your membership data.
- Click on the ‘Sign up now!’ button.
- You will need to select a username, provide an email address and choose a password.
- You will also need to declare whether you are a Teenager (>=13) or an Adult (>=18).
- Finally click on ‘Create my account’.
- You will receive an automatic email with your account activation link. Click on the link which will automatically log you into your account on the MembershipPortal. NB. If you don't get an automatic email from the system within a minute or so, it means:
- The system may have just become unavailable.
- You mis-typed your email address.
- The email has gone into your spam folder. This is the most likely reason. If you suspect that it was any of the other possibilities, please email the Membership Secretary. Please 'whitelist' the following email addresses to maximise the chances of us being able to keep in touch:
Entering Member’s Data
- Select the ‘Create your Membership Application’ button.
- Fill in the prospective member’s name, start with the User’s own details.
- Choose a Membership Type.
- Most should choose ‘Athlete’ whether or not you wish to affiliate to EA.
- Parents / Guardians of Juniors should choose ‘Associate’.
- Do not choose ‘Non-runner’, unless asked to by the Membership Secretary.
- Athletes should fill in Gender, DOB, Birth County and Nationality. Not required for non-athletes.
- Decided whether you wish to affiliate to England Athletics. There is help information available on the form. If you need further advice please discuss with one of the coaches. Note there is an additional fee set by EA for each person who affiliates.
- If you are currently affiliated to EA and are transferring in to SMAC, please indicate this and name your previous club. If you don’t, we may charge you for affiliation on top of the transfer fee that you will have already paid to EA.
- All members must provide their postal address and a working email address. Family members can share an email address, but be aware that everyone with access to that email account will see all communications for everyone we have registered with that email address.
- Please provide a phone number so that we can phone you if/when necessary.
- Once you have completed the membership form, click on ‘Create Member’.
Submitting A Club Joining Request
- If required you can then add more prospective members to your account, by clicking on the ‘Add another Membership Application’ button, and repeating the previous process.
- Once you have added all the necessary member records, you should be able to see the total fees due for each member. If you are happy with what you have entered you should now submit them to the membership secretary for approval. Do this by clicking on the ‘Submit all new Applications’ button.
- Once approved you will get email confirmation of the approvals and the fees due.
- Once we have received payment, we will affiliate you to EA if that is what you selected.
Afterwards for Members
- You should keep your details up to date at all times. The club will rely on this information when dealing with membership matters, team organisation and dealing with the governing body.
- In particular, if you change your email address, please update it in the membership record AND the user account that you use to log in. If the latter is out of date, you will not be able to use the 'I forgot my password' option.
- Changing your membership details and email preferences: Once logged in you will see a summary of your membership (or if you manage a group, a list of all your group members). Scroll to the right to and click on "Edit Details" to open your membership form. When finished, click "Update Member"
- Changing your User Account log on details: To edit your User Profile (User name, email address, change password) select 'My Account' and then 'Settings' from the top menu bar and then 'Save Changes' when you have finished.
- Teenagers: To change from teenager account to adult account when you are 18 follow step 4 above and change the radio button settings.